KIA MOTORS CONTINUES SORENTO MARKETING CAMPAIGN WITH EXPANDED “NBC SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL” PARTNERSHIP
“Built for Football Families” Campaign Showcases
Kia’s Largest and Most Capable Crossover Utility Vehicle
- Series of ad spots set to run throughout the 2015-2016 NFL season on the number one primetime show on television
- Supportive parents offer inner thoughts to common youth football situations
IRVINE, Calif., October 1, 2015 – The long wait is over – football is back, and Kia Motors America (KMA) returns for its second season of “NBC Sunday Night Football” to extend the marketing campaign for the redesigned 2016 Sorento CUV, beginning October 4. After the Sorento made the “Perfect Getaway” during the Big Game, the new campaign takes a lighthearted approach to prove Kia’s largest CUV is capable of handling anything football families throw at it.
The three ad spots – “Participation,” “Great Game” and “Pants” – each focus on a key Sorento feature in addition to real life football situations. By showing the contrast between the way real football parents are expected to act and what’s really going on in their heads, Kia executes a humorous campaign that breaks through the football clutter in a way that no other car brand has done.
- “Participation” – A father and son walk to their Sorento after an end-of-season ceremony with a participation trophy in hand. We hear the father’s inner monologue questioning why an undefeated season by his son’s team only deserves a participation trophy.
- “Great Game” – A father loads the last of his son’s football equipment into the Sorento’s spacious cargo area. Following a congratulatory “Great game today, Billy,” from the father, we hear the mother’s inner monologue, conveying a very different message about her son’s performance on the field.
- “Pants” – A family pulls their Sorento into a completely packed parking lot next to a football field. The husband suggests his wife park far from the field where there are available parking spots, at which point we hear the wife’s inner monologue, “A.W.D. stands for all-wheel drive. Not, asphalt will do.
“Sunday Night Football attracts the largest primetime audience and provides an excellent opportunity to connect with football fans and showcase the premium utility experience of Kia’s largest and most capable CUV ever,” said Tim Chaney, vice president of marketing communications, KMA.
Created by David&Goliath, Kia’s advertising agency of record, the Sorento spots can be viewed on television during Sunday Night Football broadcasts on NBC. The campaign highlights desirable features of the vehicle, including cargo space, its comfortable cabin and all-wheel drive capabilities.
About the 2016 Kia Sorento
The completely redesigned 2016 Sorento CUV, which raises the bar on the segment with its refinement and first-class amenities, is larger and more capable than ever with more room for passengers and cargo. Standard premium features and luxurious amenities span the line of five trim levels and the Sorento is now offered in three engine choices, including a 240 hp 2.0L turbo-charged inline-4. The Sorento is built at the brand’s U.S. manufacturing plant* – Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia – in West Point, Georgia.
About Kia Motors America
Kia Motors America (KMA) is the marketing and distribution arm of Kia Motors Corporation based in Seoul, South Korea. KMA proudly serves as the "Official Automotive Partner" of the NBA and LPGA and set an all-time annual sales record in 2014, surpassing the 500,000 unit mark for the third consecutive year. KMA offers a complete line of vehicles, including the rear-drive K900** flagship sedan, Cadenza premium sedan, Sorento CUV, Soul urban passenger vehicle, Soul Electric Vehicle***, Sportage compact CUV, Optima midsize sedan, Optima Hybrid, the Forte compact sedan, Forte5 and Forte Koup, Rio and Rio 5-door subcompacts and the Sedona minivan, through a network of more than 765 dealers across the United States. Kia’s U.S. manufacturing plant in West Point, Georgia, builds the Optima* and Sorento* and is responsible for the creation of more than 15,000 plant and supplier jobs.
Information about KMA and its full vehicle line-up is available at www.kia.com. For media information, including photography, visit www.kiamedia.com. To receive custom email notifications for press releases the moment they are published, subscribe at www.kiamedia.com/us/en/newsalert.
# # #